11,000 Acre Private Island
Tuesday, June 21st, 2011
In a world where most private islands are under 10 acres in size, San Jose Island really stands out. Located in the Pearl Islands of Panama, San Jose Island is a massive 11,000 acres in size. Fully titiled, San Jose Island is home to the boutique 4-star resort, Hacienda Del Mar, a variety of bird species including toucans and macaws, and abundant marine life.
San Jose Island is blessed with 57 pristine beaches, turquoise waters, waterfalls, rivers and streams. The island, with fully titled parcels, a master plan, and existing infrastructure, is ready for the development of a world-class resort destination.
- Fully titled, privately owned
- 12 separate parcels, each approximately 250 acres, also individually titled. Two of these parcels currently for sale. Playa Grande Marina, mega-yacht marina and village, and Hacienda Del Mar Resort.
- 5,000 linear feet runway
- Existing boutique resort, Hacienda del Mar with 17 guest “casitas”, pool, restaurant, gym, game room and activities including snorkeling, scuba diving, kayaking, jetskiing, atving, hiking, deep sea fishing
- 32 miles of roads
- 50 nautical miles to Panama Canal
- 20 minute flight to Panama City, Panama with flights daily
- Proximity to world renowned fishing of San Jose Canyon and Zane Grey/Pinas Reef
- island has been featured on television and in magazines including : three “Survivor” series, Outdoor Net’s Worldwide Fishing Guide, HDNet’s World Explorer, and Conde Naste, Travel and Leisure, Yachting, Marlin, and Pacific Coast Sport fishing magazines
- natural rolling topography from sea level up to approximately 450 feet above sea level
For more information on this property including price contact Private Islands Online.